IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group) has announced that by the end of the year Holiday Inn Club Vacations will have more than doubled its portfolio since its inception in 2008.
Holiday Inn Club Vacations newest properties are Holiday Inn Club Vacations Panama City Beach Resort, a 37-unit beachfront resort in Panama City Beach, Florida and Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, a 78-villa beachfront property in Galveston, Texas, opening this December. With the addition of these properties, the brand now boasts ten locations.
In 2008, IHG and 30-year timeshare developer Orange Lake Resorts developed a strategic alliance to create the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand. This marked IHG’s first move into the timeshare market, which continues to be one of the fastest-growing segments of the U.S. holiday and vacation industry. [Source: American Resort Development Association (ARDA)]. Orange Lake and Holiday Inn are both rooted in the legacy and ingenuity of their founder, Kemmons Wilson.
The strength of the Holiday Inn Club Vacations brand is proven by its impact to business for both companies:
– The Holiday Inn Club Vacations resort portfolio has expanded from four destinations to nine, with a tenth resort joining the brand in late 2012. This is a total of 3,788 rooms
– Holiday Inn Club Vacations resorts see an average of 850,000 guests per year
– The brand has opened three additional sales centers and has increased timeshare sales by 35.7%
– The brand provides vacation ownership preview tours to 170,000 guests per year
– Membership in the Holiday Inn Club timeshare ownership program has risen from 51,568 in 2010 to nearly 80,000 in 2012