Police warning about unsolicited contact by companies frequently offering incorrect information to current or former timeshare owners
The South West Regional Organised Crime Unit has reported that there has been an increasing number of enquiries in recent weeks from members of the public reporting contact from several different companies offering services in relation to either timeshare they have already disposed of, their Monster Credits or their investments in Staycation Lodges. The majority of the information provided by these companies when offering their services is incorrect or at times untrue. For legal reasons the police are unable to name the companies directly, however if you are contacted by any company that offers a service based on any of the following information, we would strongly advise you to not to accept their services.
- A company claiming you have been referred to them from Citizens Advice Bureau. Citizens Advice Bureau will NEVER provide your details to any company or ask any company to contact you unless they have your express permission. They are an independent body and if they feel you need assistance from any other agency you will be provided with advice on how to refer yourself.
- Companies offering to take civil action to reimburse you for your purchase of Staycation Lodges.
- Companies claiming that Monster Credits had a perpetuity clause that was transferred to your Staycation lodges purchase.
- Companies claiming that you still own your timeshare with an ever increasing maintenance bill and although you have not received contact for years the timeshare resort is looking to send you a large bill.
- Companies claiming that you still own your timeshare with an ever increasing maintenance bill and that over the years your maintenance demands have been sent to ABC Lawyers.
- Companies claiming that various defendants have been prosecuted aboard securing millions in compensation but payment is required to release funds to you.
If you have engaged the services of any company who offered their services based on any of the above points and you have concerns then please contact Citizens Advice 03444 111 444 or go to https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/about-us/contact-us/contact-us/contact-us/.