What is RDO?
RDO (Resort Development Organisation) is the trade association for vacation ownership across Europe, encompassing a number of usage types including timeshare, fractional interests, private residence clubs, condo hotels, destination clubs etc, all aimed at providing holidaymakers with quality holiday accommodation through various concepts of use.
RDO members represent the best in European vacation ownership and are committed to high service standards and integrity. They are bound by a code of conduct and an independent arbitration scheme, providing levels of protection beyond those required by law.
The Importance of the Logo
The RDO logo is the sign of quality and trust in vacation ownership and we recommend to the public that they check on the RDO website or with the consumer services department firstname.lastname@example.org that a company is affiliated to RDO before they make a purchase.
Why is RDO important to consumers?
- Our members are committed to high service standards and sign up to a code of conduct.
- We investigate fraudulent activity and work with the authorities to have companies closed down.
- We offer a free complaint handling service to customers of our members
- We work with governments to bring in legislation that’s fair to both the industry and consumers.
- We inform the media about the difference between vacation ownership and holiday clubs.
- We fund the Timeshare Task Force and Timeshare Helpline, which are both operated by Kwikchex, who are UK Trading Standards approved.
Why is RDO important to operators in the industry?
Our purpose is to help our members to grow their businesses successfully and sustainably, and RDO does this through: –
- Promotion of the industry
- Europe-wide lobbying
- National representation
- Networking & events
- Education and news
- Research & statistics
- Working with the owners’ representative, EUROC
- Mediation for members and consumers