Diamond’s European resorts start to re-open
With newly devised and comprehensive Covid-19 preventative protocols, Diamond opened the doors to 6 of its European resorts last weekend – all resorts in England and two resorts on the Costa del Sol. By the 1 August 19 will have reopened.
Following guidelines from local health experts and the World Health Organisation, along with recognised audit and leading national hospitality industry organisations, we are taking the safety and protection of both guests and team members very seriously. We have created and introduced procedures that are safe for everybody and expanded our Diamond Standard of Clean protocols. Here are some of the things to expect during guests’ when checking into a Diamond property:
- Low-Touch Options: Where possible, we encourage pre-registered guests to check-in using the Diamond Resorts mobile app. Guests can also use the Express Checkout feature and find resort information using the app.
- Temperature Checks: Where required or advised by local guidelines, we are performing temperature checks at the entrance of our resorts.
- Physical Distancing: We are posting signs, including markings on the floor, to encourage guests to maintain physical distancing. We have installed plexiglass partitions at our front desks to provide an extra level of precaution for guests and team members.
- Key Cards: We remain committed to reducing waste and will continue to recycle room key cards. All cards are disinfected with medical-grade disinfectant and/or UVC light between every stay.
- Additional Cleanings: Frequently touched areas, such as luggage trolleys, payment terminals and counters, will be disinfected frequently using specialised cleaning products, disinfectant sprays and UV light. All resorts will be adding a disinfectant mat at the entrance for guests to walk over when entering the resort, as an extra layer of protection.
- Hand sanitiser: We will encourage guests to use hand sanitiser upon arrival and will have touchless sanitisers readily available for guests.
- Housekeeping: All our housekeepers are wearing protective gear, including gloves and face coverings, and carry hand sanitiser for frequent disinfections. We deliver mid- week towel change and only enter accommodation for stays over seven days, for cleanings and linen changes on the eighth day. We are kindly asking that guests leave their accommodation during the cleaning.
- Cleaning Products: We are using specialised products and equipment to sanitise both guest accommodation and common areas. We have also increased the cleaning products in each accommodation.
- Reducing Clutter: We have removed many of the additional items normally provided in each accommodation, including decorative items. Soft furnishings that remain in the accommodation will be treated with a microbial agent as part of a total apartment disinfectant mist.
- Bins: We will disinfect bins with appropriate anti-microbial cleaning agent.
- Ventilation: Each time an accommodation is serviced, we will ensure it is ventilated by opening windows. We will also be increasing the checks and servicing of air handling units.
- Face Coverings: We are encouraging guests to wear face coverings in all common areas, and will be enforcing this protection at certain resorts, as required by government orders. All Diamond Resorts team members will be required to wear face coverings and the appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Facilities: We are reducing capacity limits in resort facilities, including pools, sun bathing areas and lifts. Many facilities will need to be pre-booked through the Diamond Resorts app. These areas will continue to be cleaned with increased frequency and in-between each scheduled use.
Restaurants and Bars
- Physical Distancing: There are visible markings on the floor to maintain physical distancing at the entrance and the number of tables is reduced in the dining areas to allow for more space. Seating at the tables will be reduced by 50%.
- Menus: We will be replacing traditional menus with single-use, paper menus and, where possible, are encouraging guests to view menus online or on a large menu display board. Some restaurants temporarily will have limited menu options.
- Food Safety/HACCP: We will continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practices across all areas in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) guidelines.
All of these practices have been welcomed and are proving successful – we continue to review them as we progress. The training that has been undertaken by all resort team members has been comprehensive and indeed instrumental in fulfilling a smooth customer journey. Diamond Resorts is proud to welcome all its members and guests along with loyal team members, back to a safe, clean and relaxing environment.