At Diamond Resorts, the safety of our members, owners, guests and team members is always our top priority. As the situation around the new coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we are closely following recommendations from the World Health Organisation (WHO) and local health authorities on cleaning procedures and closures. Options are what everyone wants right now, so we are also temporarily changing some of our policies to provide flexibility during this time of uncertainty.
Following instructions and mandates from local governments, we have temporarily closed several resorts, including on-site facilities and restaurants. Our teams are diligently working to notifying members, owners and guests with impacted reservations, and offering complimentary modifications or cancellations. At this time, we also are not accepting reservations at any resorts in the following countries:
- Austria through 1 April 2020
- France through 1 April 2020
- Italy through 4 April 2020
- Spain (including Canary Islands) through 1 April 2020
Additionally, the government of Malta has issued a mandatory 14-day self-quarantine for anyone entering the country. While our resort remains open, we are calling to alert members who are scheduled to arrive to warn them of the strict measure.
We know that our members, owners and guests want options right now. We will continue to waive cancellation restrictions or penalties for those staying in or traveling from areas affected by government-mandated travel restrictions. At this time, cancellation waivers are in place for the following areas:
- Asia through 31 March 2020: China, South Korea and Iran
- Europe through 16 April 2020: Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom
Additionally, we are waiving cancellation fees for all members and guests scheduled to arrive at any Diamond Resorts managed property before April 30, 2020 up to 24 hours before their scheduled arrival. As an alternative option, members and guests who booked directly with Diamond Resorts can also modify any reservation without penalty up to 24 hours before their scheduled arrival, if they do not want to cancel.
As we are closely following recommendations from the WHO, we are taking precautions to protect the health and well-being of everyone at our resorts, including:
- Undergoing enhanced cleanings at the resorts, with a special focus on public areas and the accommodations
- Increasing the frequency of cleanings, especially on frequently touched surfaces, such as doors, counter tops and furniture
- Providing additional trainings for team members on washing and sanitation techniques
- Using recommended disinfectant cleaning wipes at the check-in areas
- Offering additional hand sanitizing gels around the resorts
At Diamond Resorts, we take pride in providing exceptional vacation experiences to everyone. We appreciate everyone’s trust and support, and we look forward to welcoming our members, owners and guests home soon.